The Shalom is progressing at a rapid rate. Just last night I got into the bodice part and I’ve already gone 6-7 inches. It’s so easy when you don’t have to count! But trying to make it into a few sizes bigger but only having the pattern in a size small, well, that’s a bit of math for you. You know, making sure the sleeves end up in the right spot and not coming out the middle of your back or something. It’s not quite at a stage where I can try it on yet, but soon soon. And if it doesn’t fit, well… well that’ll be terrible and I’ll have to start over. So we’re just going to hope it fits.
And here’s a picture of the back, you can see where I pulled off the sleeves and am letting them hang around on the white yarn until I am done with the bodice, then I’ll go pick up those lonely stitches with dpn’s (double pointed needles, for those of you not in the know) and make some sleeves.